As much as I love fruits and vegetables, growing and storage conditions these days simply don’t guarantee that we’re going to get the nutrition that we require from those foods. Superfoods are proving to be the answer and a better alternative to synthetic vitamins and supplements. They are a class of the most potent, super-concentrated, and nutrient-rich foods on the planet. As well as being extremely tasty and satisfying, superfoods contain concentrated high levels of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and adaptogens. They have the ability to tremendously increase the vital force and energy of one’s body, and are the optimum choice for improving overall health, boosting the immune system, elevating serotonin production, enhancing sexuality, cleansing, and alkalizing the body. Nourishing us at the deepest level possible, they are the true fuel of today’s “superhero”. Some of my favorites that you can add to your diet are:
1. Cacao (Raw Chocolate) – The seed of a fruit of an Amazonian tree, cacao is the highest antioxidant food on the planet, the #1 source of magnesium, iron, chromium and is also extremely high in PEA, theobromine (cardiovascular support), and anandamide (“bliss chemical”). Raw chocolate balances brain chemistry, builds strong bones, is a natural aphrodisiac, elevates your mood and energy.
2. Goji Berries (Wolfberries) – Used in traditional Chinese medicine for over 5,000 years, goji berries are regarded as a longevity, strength-building, and potency food of the highest order. This superfood contains 18 kinds of amino acids, all 8 essential amino acids, up to 21 trace minerals, high amounts of antioxidants, iron, polysaccharides, B & E vitamins, and many other nutrients.
3. Maca – A staple in the Peruvian Andes for thousands of years, this adaptogenic superfood increases energy, endurance, strength, and libido. Dried maca powder contains more than 10% protein, nearly 20 amino acids, and 7 essential amino acids. As a root crop, maca contains five times more protein than a potato and four times more fiber.
4. Hemp Products eaten in their RAW form – Packed with 33 % pure digestible protein, rich in iron, amino acids, and vitamin E as well as omega-3′s and GLA. A perfect superfood!
5. Spirulina and Blue-Green Algae – The world’s highest source of complete protein (65%), spirulina provides a vast array of minerals, trace elements, phytonutrients and enzymes. Blue-green algae is a wild-grown superfood with a 60% protein percentage, but is equally or exceedingly higher in other components. Both are vital superfoods.
6. Bee Products (honey, pollen, and propolis) – Bee pollen is the most complete food found in nature containing vitamin B-9 and all 21 essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. Honey, in its organic/wild, raw, unfiltered states is rich in minerals, antioxidants, probiotics, enzymes, and one of the highest vibration foods on the planet.
7. Camu Berry – Highest Vitamin C source on planet. Great for rebuilding tissue, purifying blood, and enhancing immunity, and energy.
8. Sea Vegetables (seaweeds including: kelp, dulse, nori, hijiki, bladderwrack, chlorella, etc) – Rich in life-giving nutrients drawn in from the ocean and sun, sea vegetables help remove heavy metals, detoxify the body, provide numerous trace minerals, regulate cholesterol, and decrease the risk of cancer. Seaweeds benefit the entire body, and are especially excellent for the thyroid (high iodine), immune system, adrenals, and hormone function.
9. Medicinal Mushrooms (Reishi, cordyceps, maitake, shiitake, lion’s mane, etc.) – High in polysaccharides and super immune enhancing components, medicinal mushrooms are one of the most intelligent adaptogenic herb/superfoods on the planet! They have also been proven effective in healing cancer and a variety of other ailments.
10. Aloe Vera leaves contain many different vitamins and minerals including long-chain sugars called polysaccharides. Aloe’s polysaccharides are said to have a lubricating effect on the joints, brain and skin, strengthen the immune system and provide constant energy for the body over time.
Raw aloe vera gel also has a calming effect on the digestive system and can aid in different digestive problems including constipation. As a desert plant, aloe vera is very good at retaining moisture. When consumed, the raw gel will help your body retain moisture resulting in younger-looking skin.
Superfood supplements: If you really want to get the most out of superfoods, try also adding in a few of the following powerful supplements: MSM, Beauty Enzymes, Blue Mangosteen, Marine Phytoplankton, Activated Liquid Zeolite, Ormus, MegaHydrate, Crystal Energy, and Krill Oil.
Add a few of those miraculous foods to your next smoothie and feel the amazing difference both instantly as well as accumulatively over time.