This egg, dairy and gluten-free recipe for brownies is also naturally sweetened with xylitol and infused with the healing powers of Chaga tea! Make this for (or with!) your little ones and I promise they’ll never know the difference.
Ingredients (12 brownies)
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup xylitol
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed Chaga tea (or even just boiling water would do)
- Unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking dish (about 9 x 11 -inch and 2 inches high) with baking parchment.
- Sift all the dry ingredients (except the xylitol) together into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients and the xylitol. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and press the mixture into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes if using and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container if not consuming straight away. Enjoy!